Pickwick Manufacturing Services has grown from a tiny local job shop to a nationally recognized metal fabricator with annual growth averaging 15 percent each year for the last quarter-century. International Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) have relied on Pickwick to flow complex metal fabricated parts, weldments and assemblies to their assembly lines and plants for decades.
- Pickwick began its work in 1939 as a manufacturer of poultry processing equipment. After decades of success serving that market, the company diversified to include subcontracted metal manufacturing services in 1974.
- In 1985, the acquisition of the first sheet laser in the United States and CAD technology established Pickwick as an innovative supplier of precision metal parts and fabrications.
- In 1999, Pickwick purchased the current facility of 20 acres and a high-bay 54,000 square foot building constructed for assembling cranes and excavators.
- In 2005, we added 46,000 square feet to the building, enlarging it to the current size of 100,000 square feet.
- In 2009, our Fabrigear structural steel and tube laser enabled faster, less expensive production of structural members.
- In 2010, our Accubilt Dual Robot Welding System brought automation with minimal fixturing to small quantity builds. Leading OEMs rely on Pickwick for highly flexible, short-run applications and expedited delivery of whole goods, sheet metal parts, weldments, fabrications, kits and final assemblies.
- In 2011, Pickwick upgraded to a 4000-watt, 2 meter (6.5 ft) x 4 meter (13 ft) Durma CO2 laser to replace an 1800-watt laser.
Continuous improvement has earned the company excellent growth, which led to Pickwick being named among approximately 400 manufacturers on Inc. Magazine’s list of 5000 fastest-growing privately held companies in 2008 and again in 2009.