Pickwick is a continuous-flow manufacturing service, not a one-off job shop. As such our primary goal is developing a repeatable precision processes for creating your product. That requires us initially to initially convert your product’s prints, CAD files, Bill of Materials and specifications into our own electronic database systems and machine tool programs. This considerable initial investment of time by our engineering team is included in our service to help ensure precise consistency in every re-order, year after year.
Occasionally, this extensive conversion process reveals problems or variations hidden in the original information we received that must be addressed to produce the accurate part, kit or assembly your customer needs. The reasons vary:
- The designs may not have been updated to reflect the item as it is currently being built.
- The customer requests changes to the product to better answer his requirements.
- The CAD model provided is unusable for generating precise machine code. Inconsistencies in points of origin, interferences, material thickness issues and the like may only become apparent during processing.
- Alternative materials are required due to unavailability or ease of manufacturing, and the furnished data must be modified to enable the change (such as converting metric to imperial dimensions, for example).
- You see the opportunity to use our CAM process data for your own purposes, such as marketing illustrations, maintenance or repair manuals, or even a starting point for further product improvement.
We are pleased to assist you with any of these needs, should they arise, and will keep you informed if they require an amendment to our original quote or extend the lead time necessary before releasing your job to production.